Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com.
Perform the duties of a Software Engineer 3 through the entire development life cycle from requirements development, design, coding, and integration through testing while demonstrating expertise in state of art technology and ability to overcome obstacles. Develop efficient SW architectures and guide developers in the implementation of SW designs. Work well with other engineers and otherengineering departments. Ability to work in C, and C++. Knowledge of QNX a plus. Able to operate with broad general direction, guide / track / mentor others.
- MS in a Computer Science / SW Engineering field or BS in a Computer Science / SW Engineering field with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in embedded software development.
- Knowledge of C, C++ and LINUX required.
- Real-time embedded development.
- Object Oriented development.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Makefiles and Microsoft Office.
Knowledge of configuration management practices and the usage of tools such as GIT needed. Networking.
- Video decoding.
- Product lifecycle development.
Job Code – CS20171008-20293