Fluke Corporation is the world leader in the manufacture, distribution and service of electronic test tools and software. We are a dynamic market leader with sound financial health. The Fluke brand has a reputation for portability, ruggedness, safety, ease of use and rigid standards of quality. A wholly owned subsidiary of Fortive Corporation Fluke is a multi-national corporation headquartered in the greater Seattle area. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. It is driven by the phenomenally successful Fortive Business System. Working at Fluke gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging, "stretch" opportunities.
FHS R&D Software team needs an Embedded software engineer responsible for architecting, developing and verifying firmware for metrology equipment used for calibration of Biomedical devices.
- Deliver highly reliable embedded software following good coding practices for Fluke metrology hardware
- Work with engineers across the department to develop new products, from prototype through production
- Take ownership of your firmware products, including verification testing and writing documentation
- Work with program managers to quickly and accurately analyze project requests for feasibility, risk, and level of effort.
- Meet schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems.
- Provide inputs on architecture, planning, design, coding, documentation, integration, and testing, adhere to software quality standards.
- Work with program managers on concerning projects.
- Experience programming and testing high reliability, safety critical and fault tolerant systems.
- BS in Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree required;
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in software/firmware development
- 2+ years developing software for the ARM Cortex family or a similar microarchitectur
- Experience in software/firmware development, verification, and standards require
- Working knowledge of hardware level software development, including use of timers, interrupts, bootloaders and debug tool
- Experience on embedded OS (Windows, Linux), Development experience with RTOS based embedded systems
- Strong background in C/C++ programming language
- Competence in one or more programming languages (C#/Java, Python etc.)
- Part of projects with ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Understanding of Agile development methodology
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience with Qt, Qt Creator and QML
Strong understanding of OS fundamentals including schedulers, network stack, file system, memory management