Facebook AR\VR focuses on delivering Facebook's vision through Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR). The compute performance and power efficiency requirements of Virtual and Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is driving the state of the art forward withbreakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips will enable AR and VR devices where our real and virtual world will mix and match throughout the day. We believe theonly way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor, through architecture, to firmware, and algorithms.
We are seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to support development of ASICs custom-designed for Facebook AR/VR products. The successful candidate will be part ofa team that includes algorithm, user experience, software, firmware and silicon experts. Theideal candidate will understand low-level embedded software development for custom low-power SoC. This is a full-time position based in either our Redmond, WA or Menlo Park, CA offices.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Embedded firmware architecture and design to orchestrate hardware accelerators
- End-to-system firmware development to include power-management, boot loaders, scheduling, RTOS and/or bare-metal implementations
- Develop OS custom kernel drivers and APIs for hardware accelerators and peripherals
- Support all phases of SoC development – including early architecture requirements definition for custom silicon, firmware architecture, implementation, simulation, FPGA debug, chip bringup and support systems and software teams on algorithm development on validated systems
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and 2+ years of experience in firmware development
- Experience in software design and programming in C/C++ for development, debugging, testing and performance analysis
- Experience in understanding hardware, clock-level issues, bridges, delays, interrupts, clock gating, polling etc.
- 5+ years of experience in embedded firmware design for low-power mobile SoC
- Experience with lab instrumentation like oscilloscope, logic/protocol analyzers for debugging embedded systems at HW level
- Familiarity with embedded micro-controllers' architecture
- Hands-on coding experience with peripherals such as UART, SPI, CSI-2, i2c, GPIO, USB
- Experience in real-time processing for computer vision and user interaction tasks, high-compute/throughput systems and using simulation and modeling technique to estimate performance and power
- Hands-on experience with FPGA and hardware evaluation boards, EDA design tools, and/or ISA simulators