Job ID: CEP000496
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications. Come join our vision for a better way and help make life better for us all! For more details, visit us at www.cepheid.com or follow us on Twitter (@CepheidNews).
As a leading molecular diagnostics company, Cepheid improves healthcare by developing, manufacturing, and marketing accurate yet easy-to-use molecular systems and tests. Our solutions deliver a better way for institutions of any size to access the full power of molecular diagnostics.
We are seeking a Embedded Software Engineer with hands-on C/C++ programming skills and good systems/robotics engineering experience. This person will be part of team that is developing our next-generation system platform.
- Be a key contributor on the software engineering team that leads development efforts for embedded software for commercial products and in-house research.
- Prototype, design, implement and maintain software applications.
- Develop embedded software driver modules for hardware components.
- Work on projects that will involve robotics/hardware interfacing and control, factory automation, mathematical data analysis and data acquisition and storage.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams with scientists, technical support and other engineers to resolve software issues.
- Work with multi-discipline teams on new production introduction project while adhering to software development and source control processes.
- Develop, design, and implement embedded software for robots and other automation equipment.
- Document software; write technical specifications for interfaces and testing.
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with a specialization in real-time embedded systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
- Minimum 3+ years of progressively responsible work experience in engineering.
- Experienced C, C++ programmer with experience in real-time / embedded system design, debug, and testing in an Embedded Linux / RTOS environment.
- Working knowledge of robotics (mechanical controls for fluidics), interfacing stepper/servo motor control, and system engineering along with architectural design experience.
- Solid understanding of communications such as CAN, TCP/IP, UDP, serial.
- Solid understanding of concurrency, threading and data structures.
- Ability to work with existing systems and process to optimize and innovating.
- Medical device or regulated industry experience is a plus
- Experienceworking with web, cloud, and/or mobile application is a plus
- Familiarity with high level languages such as Java and/or C# is a plus
- Basic knowledge of other engineering disciplines helpful (mechanical, electrical, physics)
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive, curious, accountable and flexible
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing