Develop embedded software for control of Bobcat Hydro-electrical systems. This includes but not limited to: control systems for loaders, AWS, Toolcat, compact tractors and excavators. Position will also entail using Bobcat software development processes for coding, modeling and testing these control systems.
Role & Responsibility
Required documentation/Software project scope
- Maintain/develop new software for existing and new electrical system controllers.
- Estimate numbers of requirements and time to implement for each project.
- Attend/lead requirement review meetings weekly and as needed.
- Maintain/create requirement documentation for systems and controllers.
- Manage requirements documentation for these systems and controllers using software configuration management, requirements management tools and with MS Office documents.
- Knowledge of Software configuration management, requirements management, defect tracking and test case management required.
- Attend/lead code review meetings.
- Perform code walk-throughs with team.
- Write/maintain/manage source code, work products. Manage sets of changes to source code using change-lists to track the changes.
- Use the Bobcat Software development lifecycle to insure quality development of embedded software products.
- Work with SW manager to continuously develop software process improvements.
- Keep all software work products up to date
- Develop, perform and document software unit tests is simulation environment.
- Develop, perform and document software functional tests in the lab or field environments.
- MATLAB, SIMULINK and C/C++ software experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Use of standard computer programs such as MS Office.
- Knowledge of Software
- Development Process
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Experience Required: 2>5 years
- Travel Required: <10%
Areas of Focus
- Analyze design to determine solutions to new and existing problems.
- Communicate these solutions to the various departments within Bobcat to get them corrected as needed.
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Bobcat produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Bobcat is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you’ll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.