Rockwell Automation is looking for an innovative engineer to join our global embedded software organization based in Milwaukee, WI. In this role, you will have the opportunity grow your career in embedded software by solving challenging problems using modern technologies, tools, and practices.
- Develop safety- and security-critical embedded software for new Programmable Logic Controllers
- Work in a variety of hardware and software environments, ranging from commercial off-the-shelf to custom System on Chip architectures, and from general purpose to embedded real-time operating systems
- Use modern continuous integration and development tools and technologies
- Participate as a member of an agile team within the Scaled Agile Framework
- Implement controller features and subsystems with technical guidance from senior engineering personnel
- Participate in all aspects of the embedded software quality process, including design and code review, and developing unit and functional testware
- Implement automated tests; expand and improve automated test coverage, practices, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. Rockwell will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Experience developing software for embedded systems, especially using an embedded RTOS or Linux
- Experience debugging software systems using either an on-chip debugger, or a software based debugger such as GDB
- Experience developing automated tests and tools in a high level language such as Python
- Advanced coursework related to software engineering, embedded systems, operating systems, or computer architecture