At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best.
Embedded Software Engineer
Embedded Software Engineer:
- Release platform software to support multiple programs and technologies.
- Translate customer and AAM requirements into software architecture, designs and embedded code to meet product goals in a full life cycle development environment.
- Responsible for configuration of all AUTOSAR modules to work with specific ECU and application.
- Responsible for writing low level software to bring up micro-controllers based on ECU schematics.
- Develop and maintain implementation of ECU vehicle level communication protocol.
- Integrate and configure supplier software into AAM base software.
- Support project bootloader integration and/or development.
- Develop software that meets function safety and cyber security objectives.
- Responsible to create, update, and maintained of software build environments.
- Assist in implementation of software DFMEA to enhance design and mitigate risk.
- Create and/or assist in writing software development documents and/or technical presentation.
- Assist in addressing all embedded software issues as reported by validation as well as field issues in timely manner and according to software release plans
- Develop software in accordance to AAM’s development processes and standards.
- Work with management on future road-map of software architecture, selection of micro-controllers and assess ECU suppliers.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science
- 2 years embedded software development experience
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in production automotive embedded software development
- Expertise working with fixed/floating point microcontrollers and reading ECU schematics.
- Expertise with low level embedded development tools (i.e. compilers, assemblers, linkers & debuggers)
- Proficient in writing low level embedded software including bring-up code, memory maps, and drivers for microcontroller peripherals and troubleshooting via In-Circuit Emulators.
- Experience in CAN tools (i.e. CANape, CANoe, V-Flash, Vehicle Spy, etc.)
- Experience in model based software development and auto-code generation of embedded software using Simulink/Stateflow.
- Experience with AUTOSAR and configuration tools (i.e. ISOLAR A, RTA-RTE, etc.)
- Proficient with development and integration of embedded system Bootloaders.
- Experience with ISO26262 and Cyber security.
- Experience with vehicle communication (i.e. CAN 2.0x, CAN FD, Flex Ray etc.) and diagnostic protocols (i.e. UDS, GMLAN, KWP 2000, etc.)
- Experience with life cycle software development including requirement decomposition, change management and source code configuration management in an A-SPICE and/or CMMI environment.
- Highly effective in a multi-discipline team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Excellent organizational skills
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.