Fortinet is currently seeking an Embedded Developer for development of our FortiGate appliance. FortiGate is our award winning flagship product, which consolidates security platforms while delivering unmatched performance and protection. The ideal candidate needs to have sound knowledge of C/C++ programming, hands on experience working in Linux environment and good knowledge of Networking protocols (TCP/IP). This is a great opportunity to work with Fortinet products while expanding your knowledge and developing your skills in network security.
• Hands on bug fixes for the current FortiGate products
• Development, design and test the software for FortiGate
• Maintain, evaluate, tune and support the implementation of software and firmware products
• Implement new features according to the new feature specifications and TOP3
• Research, investigate and define new areas of technology to enhance existing FortiGate product or new product directions; re-evaluate the design and implementation of current source code
• Maintain and document code using source control system
Job Skills Required:
• 3+ years of experience in software development within Unix/Linux environment
• Hands on skills in C/C++, TCP/IP networking, Unix system APIs, Strong grasp of sockets and IPC mechanisms a plus
• Proficient in C and data structures
• Sound knowledge of network concepts and architecture, e.g. IP, TCP, DHCP, WCCP, DNS, routing protocols etc.
• Capable of switching focus in various situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Proven ability to deliver products with high quality and on time
• Bachelor degree of Computer Science, similar degree