ABB is seeking an Embedded Software Design Engineer for New Berlin, WI, toperform a variety of complex engineering assignments requiring in-depth knowledge of a software engineering plus an understanding of related disciplines to cost effectively achieve objectives. The Engineer will be a part of an Agile team contributing to the specification, development and testing of embedded software for new and existing products.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
•.Perform a variety of complex engineering assignments requiring in-depth knowledge of a software engineering plus an understanding of related disciplines to cost effectively achieve objectives;
• Support team efforts to keep current with software best practices - version control, build methods, Agile methods, unit test methods;
• Assist in debugging and resolving customer issues as required.
• Bachelors' degree in engineering and 4 years' combination experience in R&D or product development or software engineering; or Master’s Degree with 2 years relevant work experience; or PhD/Doctoratewith 1 year relevant work experience.
• Bachelors' degree in software engineering or related field;
• Expertise in programming languages like C/C++ and assembly for microprocessors and DSPs;
• Expertise in using SW debugging tools like emulators, oscilloscopes and serial communication capture tools;
• Proficiency in design of SW architecture, RTOS, data structures, device drivers, user interfaces, and documentation for embedded controllers;
• Proficiency in software build tools, version control and scripting languages;
• Behavior level knowledge of electronic devices like microprocessors, DSPs, memory devices, OPAMPs, A/D and D/A converters;
• Exposure to Agile methods including Scrum and unit testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.