We are seeking a Design Engineer that understands both Embedded Software and Hardware development. Knowledge of common programming languages such as C/C++ and also Verilog and VHDL is one of the requirements for this position. A successful candidate would also be familiar with Systems Engineering and have knowledge of Simulink and MATLAB.
As a technical member of the sales team, you will be responsible for interacting with prospective customers, generating excitement, confidence and passion for the usage of Model-Based-Design within their organization. Model-Based-Design includes the use of MathWorks' MATLAB, Simulink and HDL Coder products for deployment in complex control and algorithmic applications.
- Work directly with select customers to establish project road maps and technical procedures for Model-Based-Design deployments ensuring successful revenue growth in these important markets.
- Establish deployment requirements and work with other development engineers to implement required features or determine how to most effectively use existing features toward giving customers a clear perspective on the value of the products.
- Establish technical procedures designed to ease the rollout of capabilities and solutions for solving complex deployment problems.
- Periodic air and ground travel for customer presentations and planning discussions is required (up to %10). Occasional international travel may also be required.
- Work closely with sales teams and other customer facing staff focused on a fast-paced and continually evolving strategy
- Proficiency with HDL
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- This position requires “US Citizenship” due to the nature of the customers served.
- MSdegree in Engineering or Computer Science is strongly preferred
- Experience with using MATLAB and Simulink for signal processing and/or hardware development including:
- Embedded signal processing hardware development
- Knowledge of related technologies including one or more of the following: detailed usage of simulation applications, HDL simulation, synthesis and implementation tools, performance trade-offs between resources, processing speed and power
- Familiarity with Video and Image processing systems, common processing methods and applications used
- Expert level in C/C++ programming concepts or HDL design and verification
- Strong desire and ability to work with customers and turn their needs into actionable plans leading to the successful deployment of MathWorks solutions
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects with ability to multi-task based upon frequently changing business opportunities and external demands