Job Description :
Lockheed Martin in Colorado is seeking a Embedded Software to work on a cutting-edge team developing embedded systems solutions targeting problems related to (but not limited to) cybersecurity.
As one of the largest defense contractors in the world, Lockheed Martin is responsible for developing embedded systems platforms in many exciting domains including satellites and avionics.
This Embedded Software and FPGA Engineer position provides the opportunity to get involved on the ground-floor of an exciting new program designing and developing new software and hardware components to be integrated into the future F-35 embedded systems.
The ideal candidate for this position would have experience developing C/C++ software for embedded systems Involvement in all phases of software development is required, i.e. development of software requirements and design documents, project plans, software coding, testing, and training customers on the use of the project.
The selected candidate will also likely be involved in various embedded and cybersecurity related research and development projects.
The team appreciates and appliesAgile development principles. The team splits its efforts between research and development projects and the customer-funded projects they spawn. Innovation and creative thinking is highly valued as is leadership and self-motivation.
Keeping up with the latest methods, tools, and technologies is important to their success and as such most projects target the latest FPGA devices on the market and training opportunities are often made available.
Littleton Colorado is a suburb of Denver Colorado. Located near the front range of the Rocky Mountains the area is known for its 300 days of sunshine, thriving cultural scene, and natural beauty. The area offers nearly endless opportunities for nearby snow skiing, hiking, and nature viewing.
- A Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Candidate must have experience with software development in C/C++.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with education/experience in embedded systems.
- Candidate must have experience in scripting languages, C, C++, and Linux.
- A high level of self-motivation
- Excellent communication skills and writing skills.
- Experience with embedded development environments and languages, debuggers, test equipment (oscilloscopes, static analyzers, etc)
- Experience with embedded Linux
- Experience with Xilinx tools