Technical Program Manager with excellent communication skill, experience in complex large-scale hardware/software projects.
- 5 - 7 years of experience as a Program Manager with 2 years of experience as an engineer in a technical domain.
- 3 years of experience with embedded systems in the consumer hardware space while working with third-party vendors such as SOC vendors and system integrators.
- Experience in working with third-party vendors such as SOC vendors and system integrators.
- Working in Agile development Environments
- Experience tracking and translating engineering discussions into actionable engineering tasks and next steps
- Ability to work as an individual contributor and contribute as part of a larger team, with the ability to influence.
- Ability to take responsibility for projects and manage through to completion.
- Excellent management skills, with the demonstrated ability to develop platform software.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage technical projects or programs, working closely with Engineers, technical staff and Product to develop and track release milestones and schedules.
- Manage communication of progress within the core team and external stakeholders, and escalate issues as necessary.
- Assess the quality of releases through monitoring of incoming bugs and code changes to identify quality issues and trends.
- Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering predictability, productivity and own technical relationships with vendors and partners.
- Assess and manage risks. Create mitigation plans as needed.
Generic Managerial Skills
- Technical Program Manager, should work closely with software engineers, OEM/ Partners, quality, product managers, release management and field support team to ensure products and new features are developed, tested and released on time. Identify and manage risks, making judgments about quality and focusing on critical issues at the right time.
- Solid program delivery and technical skills, should have proven experience in the delivery of complex large-scale hardware/software projects. Strong internal drive, a collaborative skill, and experience in delivering complex systems on time.
Bachelor's Degree or Relevant Experience or Degree in: Business or IT related field and/or the equivalent of training and experience