$100K — $150K *
PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc. is seeking an Embedded FW Engineer to join our exciting, fast-paced engineering team. Reporting to the Director of Software, the Embedded Firmware Engineer is a key contributor who designs, develops, and maintains high-quality embedded audio solutions utilizing embedded operating systems and bare metal implementations.
PreSonus R&D team members work all over the world: Baton Rouge / New Orleans, Hamburg, Dublin, Seattle, Charlotte, Vancouver, Hong Kong, and frequently convene at the Baton Rouge, Louisiana headquarters where our offices are wrapped around a Walters-Storyk design, state-of-the-art recording studio with five sound library production suites and a fully isolated club-sized live theatre. The Embedded FW Engineer will coordinate with the team at PreSonus Software in Hamburg, where our award winning Studio One Digital Audio Workstation is developed, and with the Director of Software.
If you are a musician or audio engineer, you are probably familiar with us! PreSonus is a leading manufacturer of hardware and software audio products used for recording, mixing, performing, and distributing audio.
- Modify and configure boot loaders such as u-boot
- Bring-up and configure embedded Linux and RTOS
- Develop embedded drivers for peripherals such as USB, I2C, UART, SPI, LCD, and Ethernet
- Support hardware bring-up verification including kernel, drivers, and firmware
- Develop and deploy real time extensions to embedded Linux
- Provide integration assistance of kernel drivers / peripheral software with higher application layers
- Define tasks and deliver solutions within program schedule guidelines
- B.S. degree in Computer Engineering from an accredited institution, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of embedded Linux and RTOS experience
- C / C++ and object-oriented design
- Real-time ARM, DSP / Signal Processing
- Device driver development experience
- Experience in kernel level development and deployment of embedded Linux solutions
- Ability to design, architect, and develop products based on written specifications
- System-level analysis and architecture definition, understanding hardware/software trade-offs
- Possesses a passion for audio recording, mixing, live sound, and/or music
- Experience with Network Protocols and Networked Audio Transport Technologies (e.g., AVB, Dante)
- Experience with XMOS, TI, Analog Devices and/or Motorola DSP architectures
- Understanding of analog / digital electronic design with an emphasis on audio
Valid through: 9/3/2020