Attention Embedded Linux Software Engineers: Our client develops mobile guidance and satellite systems for applications in air, land and sea. They are thriving and seek to add a savvy Embedded Linux Software Engineer to complement their technical division as they continue to be ahead of the curve; innovation combined with a high quality of life environment.
Linux expert working on new board design BSPs, bootloaders, kernel preparation, root file systems, device drivers, distribution packages and build automation. Responsible for designing and implementing embedded application software for new products incorporating networking technology (wired and wireless), UI, web services and multiple communications channels for their satellite communications and navigation products. A highly visible position.
- 5+ years of experience in embedded Linux development assembling Linux BSPs, porting and customizing Grub or u-boot loaders, creating Debian or Fedora root file systems for new board designs.
- Able to create or customize Linux drivers for embedded application.
- Experience building custom x86, PPC and ARM Linux kernels and creating and applying patches required (being active in the Open Source community is a plus).
- Expert in C and C++ and scriptinglanguages (Perl, Python, bash).
- Sockets, TCP/IP, secure SSL/SSH communications and web services programming.
- Experiencerequired with GNU and Eclipse based tool chains.
- BS or higher in Computer Science/Engineering (or equivalent).
- U.S. CITIZEN OR U.S. PERMANENT RESIDENT.
Our client offers an excellent salary, medical, dental, vision, 401k, tuition reimbursement, FSA and relocation assistance.