SUMMARY OF ROLE
Phononic is looking for a Hardware/Firmware Engineer to assist in the design and development of unique electronics solutions for consumer thermoelectric systems. Tasks include architecting, prototyping, and developing hardware, firmware, and software solutions for new consumer and commercial products from the ground up.
- Architecture and implementation of embedded solutions for consumer products
- Hardware and firmware design of user interfaces
- Hands-on troubleshooting of system level firmware and hardware problems
BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with at least 3 years of professional experience in embedded firmware application design and development. Experience with Cortex-M microcontrollers. Prior experience in successfully completing quick-turn development projects. Experience with microcontroller peripherals including I2C, UART, SPI, USB, ADC, and thermal sensors. Embedded WiFi experience.
- Proficient in C/C++
- Proficient in embedded hardware design and PCB layout (Altium preferred)
- Must be hands-on and self-motivated
- Able to apply high degree of creativity to a project
- Able to work independently or in a team environment
- Support customer interactions to demonstrate system performance
- Excellent communication and project management skills
Phononic is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.