Phononic is revolutionizing cooling and heating with solid-state thermal management solutions. Named to CNBC's 2016 and 2017 Disruptor 50 list for our innovation within the cooling and heating industry, we provide solid-state semiconductor technology that can be applied to everything from refrigeration to fiber optics, removing the barriers of traditional approaches and ushering in a new era of cooling and heating. The result is a solution to this age-old challenge that is smart, sustainable and solid state.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Phononic is looking for a Hardware/Firmware Engineer to assist in the design and development of unique electronics solutions for consumer thermoelectric systems. Tasks include architecting, prototyping, and developing hardware, firmware, and software solutions for new consumer and commercial products from the ground up.
- Architecture and implementation of embedded solutions for consumer products
- Hardware and firmware design of user interfaces
- Hands-on troubleshooting of system level firmware and hardware problems
BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with at least 3years of professional experience in embedded firmware application design and development. Experience with Cortex-M microcontrollers. Prior experience in successfully completing quick-turn development projects. Experience with microcontroller peripherals including I2C, UART, SPI, USB, ADC, and thermal sensors. Embedded WiFi experience.
- Proficient in C/C++
- Proficient in embedded hardware design and PCB layout (Altium preferred)
- Must be hands-on and self-motivated
- Able to apply high degree of creativity to a project
- Able to work independently or in a team environment
- Support customer interactions to demonstrate system performance
- Excellent communication and project management skills