We are looking for a design engineer to create electronic platforms that provide the foundation for our data collection systems. You will utilize a modern network of sensor devices to collect key data that feeds our cloud based services. The ideal candidate has a desire to learn new technologies, approaches, and skills, and will challenge the team with new ideas.
Leveraging Veeder-Root’s state of the art industry expertise, you’ll be exposed to new technology across electrical, software and mechanical disciplines. From the moment the truck arrives to deliver fuel, until fuel is dispensed into thousands of vehicles, the relevant data is measured, transmitted to the cloud and processed to provide a complete software service. You’ll have the opportunity to innovate in a collaborative team environment to develop highly networked smart sensors, building out our IOT based architecture.
• Design, develop, and execute embedded electronic hardware solutions to address business needs across our measurement, delivery, and vapor recovery platforms
• Collaborate with peers, electrical, software, and mechanical development teams, quality assurance and others as needed to produce game changing solutions
• Upgrade legacy hardware to new IOT enabled ARM based embedded platforms.
Our goal is to offer real development opportunities to work with a great team that allows you to learn and progress through the stages of your career while maintaining the right work-life balance. Veeder-Root and Fortive invests in the growth of its employees to achieve and exceed not only our aggressive growth goals, but also your own personal goals.
• Real time I/O hardware and bare metal based code.
• Experience with some or all of sensors, encryption, wireless, vapor/fluid flow, motor control/drives, and/or data collection systems.
• Familiarity with serial protocols such as RS-485/CANBUS and GPIO manipulation.
• Ability to play a large part supporting or leading development projects.
• Interaction with other members of the EE team, cross-functional groups (SW, Mechanical, Quality), and external suppliers
• BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering