SunMan Engineering is seeking an Embedded Firmware Engineer with experience in writing and debugging low-level firmware, hardware and drivers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, system application middleware software, enhance and maintain low-level boot loader, and device driver.
- Work with hardware teams on board bring-up.
- Support diagnostics and device operations.
- Interface with various hardware and software vendors on complex system integration tasks to achieve efficient, cost-effective and delightful product solutions.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelors degree or career experience in computer science or computer engineering is preferred.
- Experience with RS232, USB, TCP/IP, and HTTP protocols. Experience with RS485, Modbus, SPI a plus
- Experience with cellular, and other wireless communication protocols required.
- Experience with writing to and reading from NAND Flash RAM
- Experience with BOTH C and C++ programming in 8, 16 and 32-bit embedded environments.
- Experience with ARM microprocessors. Experience with embedded Linux systems a plus.
- Extensive experience with software Engineering processes and tools
- Experience developing software for embedded or mobile applications with limited computing resources
- Experience and comfort with lab tools such as debuggers, logic analyzers and oscilloscopes.
- Strong communication and self and project management skills.
- Thinks outside the box when developing solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for creating and building things.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background screen.
- If work is satisfactory, many more projects ahead!