We are looking for Embedded Firmware Engineer for our client in Mossville, IL
Job Title: ??Embedded Firmware Engineer
Job Location: Mossville, IL
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
Scope of Work:
- This is a position for embedded firmware engineer who will be involved in developing device drivers for the new A6 ECMs.
- The candidate will also be involved in identifying safety components and apply strict coding standards based on MISRA C.
- Develop components based on AUTOSAR architecture for the new platforms and modify the existing components that will adhere safety standards set by the team
- BSEE, BSCE, BSCS, or BSME
- Identifying user requirements for new programs or platform and analyzing the changes from old platform to new platform.
- Developing low level device drivers in HAL (hardware abstraction layer), test and troubleshoot software applications under direct administration.
- Developing the components in AUTOSAR and generate the files using davinci configurator.
- Testing the design of device driver software for the ECM performing unit tests with Trace32 (Lauterbach Debugger).
- Regression testing of the components using dSPACE. Developing MATLAB scripts and models for the regression tests.
- Documenting the requirements, software design, test procedure and test results.
- Document the development code changes and any issues in functionality in ASCII DOC.
- Moving the existing architecture to new architecture (SC ? Safety Code) by including various safety features. Following all MISRA standards and other rigorous safety standards to reduce the runtime errors and make it a fail-safe system.
- Testing using Vector Cast software for 100% test coverage for all applications.
- Communicating with other development teams like hardware team, application team, or diagnostics team for necessary code changes and hardware changes, and to identify the cause for any issue in hardware abstraction layer.