MicroVision offers a dynamic cross functional work environment where your contributions are immediate and of high impact. You will have the opportunity to work on design and development of next generation offerings as well as support the commercial success of the current platforms. Individuals work in team but have a high level of autonomy to apply critical thinking, creativity, and unique skills to the constant improvement and ongoing innovation critical to success. MicroVision is currently looking for an Embedded Firmware Engineer to join our team.
- Embedded programming and debugging using C++
- Evaluating algorithms used in MicroVision firmware
- Bringing up processors/software on new board/SoC designs
- Developing and testing low-level device drivers
- Collaborate closely with FPGA, system, and mechanical engineers
- Document and communicate design work
- Working with legacy code
- Product integration with platform-wide test and qualificationinfrastructure
The successful candidate will have more than three years of experience as a firmware engineer.
Prior experience in the design and development of product offerings in the consumer electronics market preferred. MicroVision seeks individuals who have:
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related field
- Prior commercial experience in Embedded Real-Time Software Development
- Experience with instrumentation and hardware/software co-design and debug.
- Have worked with Embedded processor cores such as ARM or equivalent
Additional preferred experience:
- Understanding of PID control systems
- Experience in MATLAB and/or Python
- Familiarity using Gemini product management software applications
- Experience with Cygwin and/or MinGW
- Experience with C++ 2011
- Usage of Lauterbach or similar JTAG debuggers
- Understanding Verilog files
- Experience with Oscilloscopes and related test equipment.