Starting with residential real estate, where 8% of all homes sold in the US last year had a Matterport 3D tour, the company has changed how people experience physical spaces. Our product offering is selling exponentially in new markets like apartment and vacation rentals, hotels, event venues, insurance, retail environments, as well as architecture, engineering, and construction.
We have an end-to-end system for crafting, experiencing, and changing cloud-based immersive 3D models of real spaces. Our product suite improves the way people experience and visualize physical spaces making it incredibly fun and practical for users to move through real world spaces as if they were there.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are changing the way we all see the world!
The goal of the Camera Engineering team at Matterport is nothing less than to develop the best hardware to scan the built world.
The hardware we build is critical to our continued success and we need a top-tier candidate for our Embedded Firmware Engineer role.
- Develop and maintain linux application and driver level software for camera subsystems (sensors, networking, user interface, processing)
- Develop and maintain tools for internal use during hardware testing, calibration, and manufacturing
- Improve development efficiency by exploring, evaluating, and incorporating new methods and technologies into our product
- Collaborate with team to integrate new hardware and software components into the system
- Conduct design reviews, develop API's, and document firmware code and processes
- 5+ years of SW/FW development experience including embedded C, C++, Python, bash scripting
- Experience with embedded Linux, multi-threading, Linux drivers, and system configuration
- Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills using JTAG, protocol sniffers, and custom test code
- Experience with embedded buses such as I2C, SPI, and USB with UVC device class
- Experience with OpenNI and OpenCV open source software projects preferred
- System level integration on devices and peripherals including; cameras, 3D sensors, motors, WiFi, and BT is highly desirable
- Familiarity with PIC code development, and FPGA code development desirable.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully developing, building, and shipping SW/FW on a consumer or industrial product
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision in a collaborative environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science or similar field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills