We are looking for Embedded Firmware Engineer for our client in Conklin, NY
Job Title: Embedded Firmware Engineer
Job Location: Conklin, NY
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The engineer hired into this role will perform software development using vendor evaluation boards, and prototype boards.
- Code will be ported from a previous TI development environment.
- He/she will design, code, test and integrate these requirements or guide other software engineers to do the same by providing them systems engineering direction.
The successful candidate will have a background in one or or more of the following:
- Developing software applications for embedded real-time systems.
- Experience Developing Code in C/C++
- Experience with boot straps, boot loaders.
- Understanding of software and systems configuration management
- Ability to transfer knowledge to organization through design reviews, code reviews or internal briefings
Typical Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering, and 5+years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent Scientific field
- Typically 5+ years of work experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong briefing skills
- Strong interpersonal, organization and teambuilding skills
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Advanced Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with TI-RTOS.
- Experience with Keil Compiler & ARM processors.
- Experience with motion controllers / PID loops.