Write, design and test embedded firmware for electronic controls for commercial laundry equipment.
- Write design specifications.
- Develop software in assembly, C or higher level for microcontroller based electronic controls.
- Set-up and describe test specifications for electronic controls.
- Support production as needed, work on QI’s and CI’s and problem solving.
- Design electronic controls using 32 bit microcontrollers.
- Preferred Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering, or Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- 0-5 years of programming experience; prior internship or co-op experience is preferred.
- Embedded C-language programming is required, C++ is preferred.
- Experience in Eclipse Integrated Development Environment is preferred (other Eclipse based IDEs, like Code Composer Studio, are acceptable).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Proficient technical skills required.
- Ability to communicate to internal and external groups in an efficient manner.
- The skills to make educated decisions.
- Ability to keep workspace and tasks organized.
- Self-motivated and hands on.
- Debugging skills.
- To easily work in a team environment.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of additional programming languages like Groovy or Java.
- Experience with build automation tools (i.e. Gradle).
- Experience with Git is preferred (Other version control software experience is acceptable).
- Ability to write requirement unit tests (With test harnesses; i.e. Unity, Google Test, CppUnit, etc.)
- Test-driven development skills.
- Real time operating systems knowledge (i.e. FreeRTOS, TIRTOS, etc.).
- Ability to help teach others.
- Ability to learn new skills on the job.
- Position involves sitting long periods, standing, manual dexterity, stooping, bending and minimal lifting.
- Position involves occasional travel.