We believe that people are our greatest asset and we are committed to being an employer of choice in our industry. CalAmp offers an engaging and diverse work environment that permits our people to take pride in their contributions and share in the company’s success. Our employees can expect the space to showcase their talent, sharpen their skills, develop new capabilities, and be a part of a global team that develops revolutionary technologies. We proudly offer the stability and security of a large publicly-traded tech company without the rigidity and red tape.
In particular, we offer:
- Meaningful work with the potential to disrupt an entire industry
- Visionary leadership
- Excellent compensation packages
- An extensive suite of medical and retirement benefits
- Flexible time off policy and accommodating work schedules
- Education Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Access to cutting-edge tools and technologies
- Innovative, intelligent, collaborative teammates
- Oversee revamping of Embedded Firmware (FW) team including establishing, recruiting, and hiring new positions.
- Review all staff capabilities and change assignments as needed. Make recommendations for outsourcing as required.
- Provide both high level and individual leadership for the Firmware team.
- Review overall firmware process and provide gap analysis. Make recommendation on process changes and or tools needed to fill gaps. Implement plan to achieve A-Spice or similar Automotive Grade Firmware Quality process. Plan will include necessary tools and resources.
- Work with Systems Engineering team to establish go-forward firmware (FW) architectures including Linux, RTOS, and next generation PEG that map to Product Roadmap needs.
- Review project workload and create/maintain detailed manpower and firmware assignment tracking.
- Run all embedded firmware CCB’s and manage JIRA ticket flow. Create tools and provide weekly summaries showing ticket progress and backlogs. Establish solid working relationship with Field Application Engineering and Test/Validation teams.
- Create and manage a detailed software release plan that shows release cadence and how new features/key issues map into releases. Share information with cross functional teams on a regular basis.
- Provide detailed firmware (FW) status reporting to Sr. Director and Program Management team.
- At least 5 years of experience developing embedded firmware and/or embedded software
- At least 5 years overseeing FW/SW process establishment/improvement and SCM implementations
- Broad experience with FW/SW technologies, languages, programming environments, and operating systems
- Commanding leadership skills: the ability to lead and drive an embedded firmware team to execution in a dynamic product environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering