$100K — $150K *
PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc. is seeking an Embedded Firmware Engineer to join our exciting, fast-paced engineering team. Reporting to the Director of Software, the Embedded Firmware Engineer is a key contributor who designs, develops, and maintains high-quality embedded audio solutions utilizing embedded operating systems and bare metal implementations. The Embedded Firmware Engineer is instrumental in the design and development of our core AVB technology and has in depth experience with network based digital audio implementations.
PreSonus R&D team members work all over the world: Baton Rouge / New Orleans, Hamburg, Dublin, Seattle, Charlotte, Vancouver, Hong Kong, and frequently convene at the Baton Rouge, Louisiana headquarters where our offices are wrapped around a Walters-Storyk design, state-of-the-art recording studio with five sound library production suites and a fully isolated club-sized live theatre. The Embedded FW Engineer will coordinate with the team at PreSonus Software in Hamburg, where our award winning Studio One Digital Audio Workstation is developed, and with the Director of Software.
If you are a musician or audio engineer, you are probably familiar with us! PreSonus is a leading manufacturer of hardware and software audio products used for recording, mixing, performing, and distributing audio.
- Design and develop our core AVB framework for our embedded and remote software products
- Create protocol and software requirements from standards specifications
- Design, develop, and deploy embedded AVB solutions
- Maintain, extend, and support our AVB network ecosystem of products
- Provide integration assistance for our AVB stack with higher application layers
- Define tasks and deliver solutions within program schedule guidelines
- B.S. degree in Computer Engineering from an accredited institution, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of networking standards based development efforts
- C / C++ and object-oriented design
- Real-time ARM, DSP / Signal Processing
- Analog / digital electronic design with an emphasis on audio
- Working knowledge of all OSI network layers, protocols, and common implementations
- Ability to design, architect, and develop products based on written standards specifications
- Previous experience with AVB, Milan and its underlying protocols (SRP, PTP, Qav, MSRP, FQTSS, gPTP)
- System-level analysis and architecture definition, understanding hardware/software trade-offs
- Possesses a passion for audio recording, mixing, live sound, and/or music
- Experience with XMOS multi-core DSP architecture
- Dante, USB, and/or AES knowledge
- Experience with standards bodies and trade groups
Valid through: 11/16/2020