What you will do at Lutron
- Architect stable, efficient, and scalable systems upon which world-class embedded software applications can easily be built
- Design maintainable, elegant, and lasting solutions to meet a wide variety of requirements and feature sets while working closely with a cross-functional team of other highly skilled engineering professionals to deliver top-quality software/hardware to the end user
- Balance a variety of tasks related to: requirements gathering, user interface design, software architecture, software development, software verification, troubleshooting, and software maintenance
- Ensure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team via good development practices, process improvements, clean designs, smart testing and thorough review
- Maintain a customer-focus in all design considerations
- Mentor and coach colleagues to expand the effectiveness of those around you
- Lead high performing teams of embedded design engineers to designing the next generation of Lutron products.
- Manage embedded design projects in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
The Lutron Story
Lutron is a human and technology-centered, people-driven company. We have a long history of significant growth and smart innovations.
- The Industry is Born: Our founder's first invention of an energy-saving solid-state dimmer and the resulting inception of Lutron in 1961 marked the birth of the lighting control industry.
- Control Systems for Every Market: Lutron has control solutions targeting a wide variety of light, shade, and temperature applications for a single room all the way up to a multi-building campus. Our distinguished installations include The White House, the homes of numerous celebrities, The Empire State Building, 49ers Stadium, LEGOLAND theme park (Günzburg), NASA HQ, and multiple others.
- Smart Connected Systems and IoT: Lutron has been at the forefront of innovating products for smart homes and connected buildings for more than 20 years and is now providing leadership in the human-centered IoT ecosystem. Our strategic alliances include integration with: Apple HomeKit, Amazon Echo, Sonos, Nest and IFTTT.
- Foster Sustainability, Save Energy and Protect our Environment: Lutron controls have reduced electrical use by 9.2 billion kWh globally, which reduces our customers' electric bills by more than $1 billion annually.
What are we looking for?
- BS in Computer, Software, or Electrical Engineering (or similar degree) from an accredited program, with at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent)
- 5 or more years of industry experience in the field of embedded software/hardware development
- Thorough knowledge of embedded system development fundamentals
- Hands-on experience with objected oriented design and design patterns
- Strong working knowledge of good programming techniques, and familiarity with real time schedulers
- Excellent Communication skills with a wide variety of disciplines.
- Skillful at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice.
- Technical experience required in the majority of the areas:
- Real Time Embedded Systems
- Programming languages such as C, C++ and assembly
- Board bring up and device driver development, including SPI, UART, I2C and ADC
- Experience in an Agile development environment and/or experience using tools such as JIRA, GIT and Bitbucket.
- Interface programming
- Hardware development of control circuits using 8/32 bit ARM-based processors.
- Protocol development
- Software and hardware debugging using emulators & oscilloscopes