Embedded Controls Engineer
Job Title: Embedded Controls Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Mossville, IL
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
- Min in 3 year of exp
- As an Engine Electronics System Engineer, you will facilitate the design, development, and deployment of electronics control systems supporting Cat diesel engine NPI programs.
- Areas of responsibility include concept and development of system design and control strategies, component and software specifications development, system integration and validation to assure quality, data analysis and issue resolution.
- Significant coordination and interfacing is required across organizations to execute the job responsibilities, including engine process partners, component engineering, engine application team, test and validation, software development, service teams, and otherinternal process partners.
- Develop and validate control system strategies and functionality
- Collaborate with internal customers and team members to develop software specifications
- Test and verify components and software strategy operation on benches, in test cells, and on vehicles
- Perform system validation of solutions and strategies to insure 100% effectiveness
- Project schedule coordination with the team
- Diagnostic and Service Test system design
- Robust System integration
- Future Generation ECM technology evaluation and integration
- ECM harnessing architecture and pin out definition
- FMEA engagement and proactive risk mitigation
- NPI issue management
- Field data and diagnostic monitoring
- Component selection from suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or 10+ years diesel engine system experience in a professional environment.
- Ability to use PC tools such as MSOffice, Visio
- > 2 yearexperience developing and/or working with embedded control system applications
Desired Job Qualifications:
- Experience developing direct injected diesel engine controls
- Experience using Matlab/ Simulink in software development
- Experience utilizing development and data analysis tools (e.g. CANape, CANcase, eDaq, etc.)
- Experienceworking with customers and suppliers
- Excellent organization, communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated clear commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or 10+ years diesel engine system experience in a