We are searching for a senior-level embedded controls architect/engineer with significant experience in control design and development for our leading-edge routable subcarrier pluggable optical transceiver product line.
This candidate will carry the following job responsibilities:
- Work with the development team to define optical component and control requirements.
- Evaluate MCU and memory capability and associated circuitry for module control and SPI communication to meet product requirements.
- Work with the module design team and firmware architect to define module control/communication theory of operations.
- Develop requirements for time-critical communications, efficient SPI usage, and critical hardware controls.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics or equivalent field. Bachelor's degree is required, master or higher degrees preferred. Demonstrated capability in leading embedded systems architecture, codebase development, managing firmware development life cycle, and most importantly great business results.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills within an organization and with industry.
- Demonstrated success in coordinating, influencing, and organizing designs with cross-function teams within an engineering department
- Proficient at software design and significant coding practice 5 years+ experience in MCUs and SPI protocols.
- Experience in optical transceiver design and implementation is strongly preferred.