Email Security Engineer
NYC, NY - F2F required
Desired Competencies (Technical/Behavioral Competency)
Must-Have * Excellent understanding and experience architecting and
implementing email security solutions
* Expert knowledge on open source MTA implementations, including Sendmail and Postfix
* Strong knowledge of integration of messaging platforms with LDAP (OpenLDAP) directory.
* Experience with email encryption implementations with PKI integration.
* Scripting and Development Skills (Perl, Python, Shell).
* Design and implementation experience with Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
* Expert knowledge of SMTP (RFC 821/5321), TLS, DNS and related standards.
* Strong Linux Sysadmin experience.
* Interpersonal Skills - Communication, flexibility, self-driven, team player
* Project Management Skills with experience on enterprise projects.
* Strong general networking background (Firewalls, Routing, Load Balancing,
OSI Model, Packet trace and analysis, etc.)
* Knowledge of Proofpoint Messaging Security Gateways.
* Implementation experience with emerging email controls such as DMARC
* Experience within financial services industry preferred
Responsibility / Expectations from the Role
1 Analysis and implementation of perimeter email security and email routing
2 Provide architecture assurance on messaging initiatives.
3 Implementation of email security standards such as DKIM, SPF and DMARC.
4 Maintain email security infrastructure, providing stability by developing
tools, policies, processes and procedures for the operations teams.
5 Provide a secure environment, by implementing controls to manage and
6 Provide consultancy services to IT Security teams.
7 Develop automated metrics reporting capabilities.
8 Create, review, maintain and update documentation including Documenting &
Publishing fixes in central knowledge base
9 Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and
10 Investigate & Troubleshoot root causes when escalated from operations.
11 Escalate and liaise with additional internal/external groups when
12 Input into Business Continuity Planning and Practices.