The Email Marketing Sr. Manager is the leader and champion of email and SMS marketing. This role is the business owner for e-mail/SMS who drives the e-mail & SMS channels forward by collaboratively working with multiple functional partners. The Email Marketing Sr. Manager will drive customer acquisition & increase loyalty, by combining promotional, lifecycle and personalized marketing strategies. The Email Marketing Sr. Manager supervises a team of email marketing professionals who develop, execute and analyze email marketing campaigns. This role acts as a functional expert regarding best practices for email/SMS campaigns.
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primary ownership of the email/SMS program including sales, margin, file growth and subscriber engagement.
- Scope, develop and oversee CRM marketing strategies across email/SMS and push to meet Marketing KPI goals.
- Work closely with the Executive, Merchandising and Creative Services teams to develop comprehensive plans that support brand and business goals.
- Responsible for leading the channel towards real-time, personalized communication and away from mass marketing.
- Manage all aspects of email planning and segmentation process.
- Build and refine event-based triggers and lifecycle messaging across the customer lifecycle.
- Work closely with Business Intelligence, CRM Print team Merchandising to develop audience segmentation strategy.
- Manage email operations including coding, testing and deployment activities.
- Develop programs to support the consumer, B2B, retail channels for Harry & David, Harry & David Gourmet, Moose Munch, Wolferman's and Stockyards brands as well as any brands developed and acquired.
- Grow the email list and maintain its health by managing deliverability, contact frequency and content.
- Partner with the Creative Services team to continually test and improve email content and subject lines.
- Work closely with Digital Merchandising, Creative Services and UX teams to optimize landing page conversion.
- Create relevant reporting and analytics which provide insight into issues and opportunities leading to action.
- Manage the relationship with Email Service Provider and all other email vendors.
- Manage, coach, develop, mentor and evaluate the eMail/SMS marketing team.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, eCommerce or related field.
- MBA or professional designation preferred.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of progressive marketing experience, with 3-5 years in email marketing or direct response marketing disciplines.
- Proven track record in managing email marketing strategy design and execution.
- CRM experience in Retail or Ecommerce industry is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous Management experience desired.