The League is a pre-series A mobile social dating app startup backed by IDG Ventures, xSeed Capital, Cowboy Ventures, Structure Capital, Sherpa Ventures, and many notable angels. The Founder, Amanda Bradford, is a Stanford MBA (ex-Google, ex-Salesforce) with a strong product sense (engineering degree from Carnegie Mellon) and a fierce determination to change the dating space for the better. The League is live in 36 cities, brings in healthy, growing revenue each month, and has a 500,000+ wait list of people in other metros waiting for their city launch!
The League is looking for an analytical, persistent and organized email marketing manager to join our team and help structure and define a cutting edge email marketing program. The successful candidate will be evangelical about using email marketing as a strategic tool in our marketing arsenal. S/he understands the importance of e-mail in enhancing effectiveness and efficiency.
As our first email marketing manager you will work with senior leadership and be based in San Francisco. We expect this to be a high impact role in helping to grow our company and meet our aspirations.
- Manage all of The League's email campaigns, including setting strategy, testing, launching, and analyzing results
- Work with our Head of Communications to create emails for launches, announcements, blog updates, lead generation, and lead nurturing
- Develop ideas for email nurturing campaigns, A/B tests, how to improve email marketing metrics; and execute on these ideas independently
- Build automated, multi-touch lead nurture programs across the customer lifecycle Collaborate with Product and engineering to improve effectiveness of transactional emails, sent via Sendgrid
- Maintain email lists, stay up to date with email best practices, and improve email metrics (Open Rate, CTR, and Conversion Rates to app download)
- Collaborate with design to develop high-performing creative assets
- BS/MS/MBA in Marketing, Communications or related field
- You have 3+ years of growth marketing experience preferably focused on email marketing and/or lead generation
- Marketing automation experience with a leading platform
- Understand email standards and regulations such as SPF, CAN-SPAM, and GDPR
- Fluency in HTML to author and debug outbound emails ahead of each send
- Proficiency in SQL and knowledge of RDBMS (e.g. Postgres)
- Proven track record of meeting campaign performance goals
- Ability to think critically and make optimization decisions based on analysis based insights
- Demonstrated understanding of email marketing best practices
- Skilled in marketing testing, data analysis, and reporting
Nice to haves
- Previous experience working at a startup where you had to define and grow a email acquisition strategy
- Experience with subscription products at a SaaS company
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying or reporting it