Must be familiar with email best practices, CAN-SPAM laws and email marketing platforms such as Delivra, Constant Contact, ExactTarget, Eloqua, Marketo, etc. and have an awareness of marketing automation principles. Must have experience with database management and have a solid understanding of email targeting, delivery implementation, and metrics. Should be able to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously while paying attention to details. Is able to self-start, problem solve and contribute new ideas. This person should be highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization. Must have strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
The Email Marketing Manager is responsible for all emails sent on behalf of Inova to the greater community, and manages all facets of the email engagement. This manager works under the direction of the Inova Digital Marketing Team but will partner with cross-functional teams to establish campaign strategies, nurturing paths, work cadence, and efficiencies. This individual will be proactive and driven -- working independently with minimal oversight and direction.
Essential Job Duties
- Manages all email marketing campaigns end-to-end, including template design, creating dynamic content, set-up, testing, execution, reporting, and optimization, ensuring flawless execution and adhering to time sensitive deadlines.
- Advances email marketing practice at Inova including transitioning from traditional methods (newsletters) to distinct and dynamic nurturing campaigns using marketing automation tools.
- Stays current with industry best practices, strategies, and compliance standards and implement them as necessary.
- Manages an email database with the ability to segment the data efficiently and effectively to provide information that is pertinent to each audience.
- Ensure all emails and mailing lists are compliant with the 2009 CAN-SPAM act.
- Provide in-depth analytic reports, reporting successful outcomes or opportunities to improve visual designs or execution of emails.
- Collaborate with the Graphic Design team to create high-quality email templates.
- Work closely with marketing executives and other departments to achieve goals
- Manage vendor relationships associated with function (Marketing Automation, CRM, etc.)
- Other assignments may include:
- Web editing and development
- Management of social media accounts and content
- Additional assignments as requested
Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, other relevant fields.
3 years of proven, successful email and/or digital marketing experience and project management skills. Must be familiar with email best practices, CAN-SPAM laws, and email marketing platforms such as Delivra, Constant Contact, ExactTarget, Eloqua, Marketo, etc., and have an awareness of marketing automation principles.
Must have experience with database management and have a solid understanding of email targeting, delivery implementation, and metrics.
Time management skills and experience writing to an external audience about healthcare related topics and familiarity with CRM. Experience using Photoshop a plus.