- Own the Duolingo email channel, including marketing campaigns, newsletters and triggered and transactional emails. Initiate end-to-end execution of our email campaigns, including development, launching and analysis.
- Create thoughtful, personalized triggered communications that will drive customer engagement, maintain the fun, accessible nature of the Duolingo brand, and support the company's strategic goals.
- Analyze performance of email strategies and campaigns and drive continuous optimization of performance, considering factors such as seasonality, customer segments, competitor behavior, historical successes.
- Use analytics to make decisions; A/B test, analyze results and build updates accordingly.
- Perform regular list hygiene to maintain health of our database.
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with other teams to support key initiatives and get things done.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, with a focus on email and knowledge of email best practices, key performance drivers, and toolsets.
- Experience in content creation and a love of writing.
- Knowledge of the technical side of email marketing; deliverability, CAN SPAM compliance, and more.
- Experience designing and implementing A/B and multivariate tests.
- Experience building, growing and optimizing engagement and retention campaigns.
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Passion for our mission to make high quality language learning accessible to everyone
- Experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Fluency in 2 languages