Email Marketing Manager
Marketing • Mountain View, CA
Coursera is scaling a global platform to provide universal access to the world’s best education, and we’re motivated by the passion and mission to transform lives through learning. Our platform has reached over 30 million learners worldwide and we have partnered with 160+ elite universities around the globe with over 2,400 courses in our catalog. We offer Courses, Specializations, Certificates, and Degrees to meet the needs and goals of the diverse learners who come toCoursera.
In 2016, we began offering fully accredited online Masters degrees which provide a more convenient, lower-cost, “stackable” means of earning credentials identical to their traditional on-campus counterparts. We also launched Coursera for Business, partnering with enterprise companies around the world to provide access to curated skill development for their employees.
As the lead for Coursera’s Email Marketing efforts, you’ll drive and implement our email communications strategy to our 30M+ registered learners, working to activate, retain, and convert learners in our core consumer business. You will directly impact the growth and success of Coursera’s core business, add value to the learner experience, and help shape the future of higher education. If you have rich experience in consumer email marketing and want to lead an email program at a large scale as part of an organization committed to a social mission, this is the right role for you!
You personally exhibit a conviction that the world needs Coursera to be wildly successful and alignment to our core values:
- Betterment: a tireless pursuit to drive results
- Boldness: take risks and act decisively
- Deep Honesty: invite and offer candid feedback in order to learn, change, and grow
- Solidarity: recognize that we are part of something bigger than ourselves and are committed to our mission
- Own strategy and execution of Coursera’s consumer marketing emails to achieve direct response goals
- Define themes and content, and execute weekly campaigns to drive direct response
- Collaborate with our analytics team to determine approaches for targeting, segmentation, and personalization, and share learnings with the broader organization
- Develop capabilities and strategies to improve triggered and lifecycle email communications todrive customer activation and retention
- Publish and coordinate email calendar, request and manage assets, and develop briefs in coordination with the creative and brand team
- Create and execute A/B tests, holdout tests, etc. to measure and optimize email impact.
- 4-7 years relevant experience in email marketing for a high scale consumer business, where emails are a key sales driver
- Expertise in email best practices, including segmentation, deliverability, copy and design approaches, CAN-SPAM, GDPR compliance, and list health
- Strong analytical skills, understanding of A/B testing and holdout test methodologies, ability to draw conclusions from data and take action accordingly
- Demonstrated project management experience with ability to indirectly manage and build consensus across diverse teams, including creative, engineering, and analytics
- Excellent attention to detail and prioritization skills
- Self-starter with high degree of motivation, ability to meet deadlines and to manage multipleprojects
- Working knowledge of sending campaigns through standard email service providers, basic HTML, email-centered CSS, and Excel. SQL and Jade a plus
- Passion for education a plus