Industry: Retail & Consumer Goods•
5 - 7 years
Posted 66 days ago
Basic Function of the Position: The email marketing manager helps develop and supports the email marketing strategy for all CTA email marketing activities including manages email marketing campaigns end-to-end, designs email marketing campaigns, personalization, testing, measurement and steps for improvement.
Critical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support development and manage the execution of the direct email marketing strategy for all CTA activities, including all events and conferences, membership, newsletters and more.
• Define email marketing key performance indicators (KPIs), and ensure that the email program is meeting identified business goals.
• Create, maintain and execute against an email calendar, in close coordination with the Director of Digital Marketing.
• Design, code and test all emails, which includes ensuring that templates are mobile-friendly and running A/B tests.
• Create and execute marketing lead nurturing campaigns.
• Work with the data team to identify target audiences, leverage email personalization, and grow and properly maintain the email database.
• Analyze campaign performance and make changes to future emails and campaigns to improve outcomes.
• Develop roadmap for future improvements to processes, A/B tests and promotions that succeed through email.
• Regularly report on email marketing metrics and KPIs.
• Ensure prompt and accurate communication via email to minimize unsubscribes.
• Create documentation for current processes.
• Proofread emails for clarity, grammar and spelling.
• Ensure emails follow industry policies and best practices.
• Monitor blacklists and email deliverability to ensure we are reaching inboxes.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 5-7 years' experience in an email marketing role
• BA in marketing or related field
• Proven work experience as an email marketing manager or digital marketing specialist
• Hands-on experience with HTML and/or HTML editing platforms (e.g., Dreamweaver)
• Experience with email and marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Eloqua, etc.
• Familiarity with analytical and database tools
• Familiarity with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
• Understanding of direct response marketing
• Ability to create a test plan, execute, analyze results and refine.
• Understanding of the sales process in a B2B environment.
• Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
• Strong project management skills
• An ability to work under tight deadlines