The Email Marketing Lead is responsible for the technical planning, execution and measurement of the email channel. This position partners closely with Analytics, Creative, Consumer Insights, Connected Fitness Conversion, Ecommerce, and Acquisition Marketing to ensure that marketing objectives and business results are met. The Email Marketing Specialist will help the email marketing team use customer data and insights to develop personalized segmented campaigns to increase engagement and drive commerce. Candidates must have the right blend of marketing strategy and analytics driven insights generation capabilities. Candidate must be detail-focused and possess clear oral and written communication and follow up skills.
What will you do?
- Work closely with Data & Analytics and Consumer Research to develop insights and identify opportunities to continually improve our targeting and segmentation capabilities to ensure the most relevant communication with the consumer.
- Develop strategy and own end-to-end execution of life-cycle CRM campaigns.
- Develop test and learn program to drive incremental revenue goals while continuously improving the overall CRM and email program.
- Develop and expand marketing automation capabilities in order to scale across multiple campaigns version and communities.
- Apply email best practices to determine new opportunities that will improve the customer experience and continue to drive the business.
- Assist in development of offer and campaign strategies and plans. Make recommendations regarding how to most effectively engage customers within the email channel.
- Lead and manage the innovation roadmap for CRM, email technologies, functionality, and platforms that deliver against the overall business objectives and strategies.
What do you need?
- GET IT DONE – ACCOUNTABILITY Takes responsibility and ownership for own tasks, decisions, and outcomes. Delivers consistent results and hits deadlines within the scope of own role.
- FIND A BETTER WAY – CREATIVITY & INNOVATION Is an engaged member of the retail marketing/technology/media world and proactively solicits and contributes innovative ideas and suggested changes. Generates new ideas in team settings.
- WIN TOGETHER – COLLABORATION Acknowledges own role and how it contributes to the common goals of the broader team. Builds trusting relationships with Teammates and works with others in alignment with team goals.
- THINK GLOBALLY – GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE Displays interest in and appreciation for local and global perspectives. May serve as subject matter expert to support other Teammates in global business interactions.
- MAP THE FUTURE – STRATEGIC VISIONING A strategic thinker that expresses oneself clearly and concisely. Applies understanding of internal and external challenges to contribute to the team’s vision for the future. Asks questions to confirm how team priorities support UA’s overall vision.
- BUILD A GREAT TEAM – BUILDING TALENT Seeks opportunities to develop self and other Teammates. Gives timely, specific feedback on performance tasks, goals, and developmental needs. Motivates Teammates by sharing team objectives that highlight opportunities and the impact of their work. Identifies and selects talent to meet business needs.
- MAKE THE RIGHT CALL – INTEGRITY AND ETHICS Acts in alignment with UA values and principles, encouraging other Teammates to do the same.
What have you accomplished already?
- 5-7 years email marketing experience in a retail environment or with an industry leader in email marketing and CRM best practices.
- Experience organizing and architecting consumer journeys with multiple content streams and outcomes.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of email best practices, innovation, and technologies.
- Highly collaborative and has an affinity for building relationships across teams including business partners, external agencies, and vendors.
- Expertise in managing and prioritizing multiple projects and has great attention to detail.
- Test planning, execution, and analysis experiencerequired.
- Strategic understanding of non-email, direct response digital marketing channels.
- Expert User of MS Office Suite: Excel, Power Point.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business Administration (or equivalent).
- Experience with email ESPs a plus.
- SQL and basic data analysis experience is a plus.