Crabtree & Evelyn is currently undergoing a transformation phase to reimagine ourselves as a brand of tomorrow. Our Company is inspired by the spirit of John Evelyn, an explorer at the forefront of a Humanist revolution who looked to the arts and sciences as a way to improve society.
At our heart we are a modern British beauty brand that believes in building connections. We explore the world to craft distinctive experiences through our products and believe in connection – to ourselves, to others and to our world. Making the everyday life better.
We are curious and enthusiastic and want to learn from the world. In making connections, we create the kind of complete beauty that is not only about what we look like but how we grow in body, spirit, mind and life.
We stand for Exploration for Growth.
The Email Marketing & CRM Manager will be responsible for formulating and executing the retention strategy of the brand by leveraging analytic tools and segmentation tactics to create a personal shopping experience for loyal customers.
This ideal candidate will demonstrate a blend of creative and analytical thought processes as the Email Marketing Manager will not only develop, initiate and grow the email channel through customer and advanced targeting, but will also have the autonomy to a/b test, launch and test the retention program while supporting the rest of the digital marketing team. We are looking for a team player with a proactive approach and entrepreneurial spirit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leverage Salesforce Marketing cloud to develop and implement an email strategy based on the overall marketing strategy and best practices.
- Develop custom segmentation strategy based on customer shopping behaviour and brand’s KPIs. Increase engagement and conversion by creating personalized, highly relevant emails. Leverage purchase data and customer behaviours to build personalized dynamic emails, offers, messages, content and products to ensure an exceptional customer experience.
- Improve email performance by continuously testing and optimizing email creative, cadence, offers, content, messaging, subject lines, calls to action and more.
- Lead and develop initiates to extend email subscriber base through engagement and partnerships to new demographic
- Partner with internal business/merchandising teams to develop marketing plans and product promotions that support business objectives while protecting and growing the size and value of our customer email list.
- Manage daily operations of the email program including developing email calendars, coordinating with other marketing teams on key themes and promotions; execution and deployment of email campaigns; measurement and analysis of key business metrics; and communication of results to management.
- Work with internal functions (Creative, Copy, Marketing, Legal, etc.) to coordinate and develop all copy and creative assets necessary to support e-mail programs.
- Review competitive landscape and best practices and make adjustments.
- Analyze and assess email performance on a daily/weekly/monthly basis in order to identify any changing business trends and take action where necessary.
- Plan and launch customer life cycle campaigns, trigger emails, and seasonal promotions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Business Planning & Results
- Brand & Market Focus
- Influence, Communication & Presentation
- Negotiation & Decision Making
Education and/or Experience:
- BS/BA degree in Marketing/Communication with 5+ years’ experience in email marketing, with a proven track record of driving results and scaling email marketing programs.
- Proven understanding of retail merchandising and the ability to translate merchandising efforts into meaningful email campaigns.
- Experience implementing and managing email campaigns driven by personalization, behavioral data, customer segmentation, engagement and LTV of customer.
- Experience analysing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Demonstrated successes using an enterprise ESP to execute email initiatives. Sales Force or Oracle Marketing Cloud experience preferred.
- Must exhibit strong creative and analytical skills.
- Must have understanding of email fundamentals: CAN-SPAM requirements, deliverability, segmentation, performance metrics, etc. for US and Canadian markets, and understanding of HTML, responsive design and email design best practices.
- Must be flexible and agile to adapt to changing and evolving business requirements and objectives with understanding of a global approach with a start up feeling.
- Results-driven with exceptional detail and knowledge around metrics and ROI analysis. Exceptional writing and communication skills, effective time management, organizational and leadership skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.