- Manage all functions of operations, training and safety to ensure employees are engaged and adhere to safe work practices.
- Originate grain in accordance with flexible marketing and origination, foster and grow customer relationships along the value chain, manage facility logistics (truck, rail, barge) and oversee all operational expenses to ensure the budget and business plans are achieved.
- Manage grain inventories, grading processes, monitor grain quality and capture blending opportunities.
- Oversee facility housekeeping, regulatory compliance, best practice programs to ensure adherence to the Company’s safety and operational standards.
- Responsible for supervising accounting and business control activities including but not limited to: inputting contracts, contract/ticket applications, customer reports, daily activity reports, and month-end accounting.
- Manage customer service issues and relations.
- Bachelor's degree in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Business, Business or applicable related field is preferred
- 5+ years applicable experience
- Proficient with basic computer skills, including Email, Excel, Microsoft Word, and other technical software packages
- Proficient understanding of company software an operation systems.
- Proven skills related to leading and managing staff members
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) skills with ability to effectively communicate internally and externally
- Expert in the areas of safety, productivity and teamwork
- Expert knowledge of hedging on the Chicago Board of Trade, grain contracting, and NGFA rules preferred
- Knowledge in agriculture is required