Job Summary The Electronics Technician Senior provides advanced support in the maintenance, installation, testing, and calibration of electronic components of computers and electronic systems for assigned customer. Follows electrical code, manuals, and other specifications to ensure systems and components meet established specifications.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment orcontract.)
- Applies advanced technical knowledge to fault isolation, scheduling and maintaining complex communications and electronics systems in accordance with customer standards.
- Performs critical quality and safety assurance reviews of all equipment integration practices to ensure conformance with the US National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Provides engineering input to the preparation of Engineering Change Proposals, (ECPs), and technical design packages. Performs hardware integrations and manages documentation schematics and modifications. Prepares site integration and test reports.
- Configures computer software, communications devices, and peripheral equipment to operate within designated networks. Designs, plans for and executes network hardware installation, testing, and validation.
- Prepares and maintains equipment and configuration documentation, and performs physical configuration audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Capability to fault isolate, repair and test complex level problems.
- Knowledge of alternating current / direct current (AC/DC) power, grounding and electronic equipment heating/cooling requirements.
- Experience in quality assurance practices. Familiar with Built in Test Equipment (BITE) and Automated Test Equipment (ATE).
- Expert knowledge of audio distribution systems, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) principles with application to the integration and operation of mission and support systems.
- Detailed knowledge of satellite communications systems and telecommunications equipment to include satellite modems and down-converters.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer aided design packages (e.g. AutoCad).
- Proven ability to work independently or with minimal supervision.
Experience & Education
- Associate’s degree in electronics or equivalent military or advanced technical training.
- Minimum six (6) years of technical experience in the support of complex electronic communications equipment.
- Six (6) years highly specialized experience in Radio Frequency (RF) and electronic systems to include but not limited to antennas, preamplifiers, cables, receivers, demodulators, converters, servos, digital components, interfaces, printers, recorders, computers, analog and digital displays, fiber optics and Input / Output (I/O) devices and test equipment.
- Experience with electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and the functional application of electromagnetic interference/radio interference (EMI/RFI) analysis and mitigation programs.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Office environment
- Able to maneuver in small spaces and lift up to 50lbs.
IT / Software Development (Full-time)