If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible development testing, data recording, assembling, modifying, and troubleshooting prototypes. Maintains and calibrates testing lab equipment. Assists in the regulatory and certification processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tests and calibrates, repairs, and monitors equipment, systems, and/or assemblies.
- Repairs and maintains electronics equipment and tests fixtures and other equipment as necessary.
- Assists with the design of various electronic circuits, assemblies, and software.
- Assemble and test PCB assemblies incorporating thru hole and surface mount components
- Troubleshooting electronic component issues
- Ordering necessary parts for product development
- Prepares and conducts experiments, collects data, and calculates or records results.
- Assisting product engineers with test execution and data collection
- Prepares and manages records necessary for certification and for regulatory compliance and certification.
- Aids in designing and implementing product testing infrastructure
- Analyzes returned materials.
- Assisting investigation of electronic components for Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Contributes to product development by providing design input and participating in design reviews
- Works with internal and external customers to supply specifications, improve products, and monitor Field Trail units.
- Follows industry and company safety guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Learns new technologies related to job duties.
- Works from general guidelines and standardized procedures/instructions.
- Uses standard assembly techniques using soldering iron and standard hand tools.
- Uses complex machines and electronic test equipment (such as oscilloscope, digital volt meter, function generator).
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Writes technical reports and test procedures.
Education and Experience
- Associate's degree in engineering, engineeringtechnology, design technology, or a related field or equivalent experience (required).
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, engineeringtechnology, design technology, or a related field or equivalent experience (preferred).
- Five to fifteen years of relevant education or experience in electronics, electricalengineeringtechnology, or a related field (required).
- Intermediate: Alphanumeric data entry, spreadsheet
- Basic: Microsoft Office suite.
Certificates and Licenses
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
- Continually required to stand or walk.
- Regularly required to reach with hands to finger, handle, or feel; kneel or crouch; and talk or hear.
- Occasionallyrequired to sit or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and an ability to adjust focus.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is subjected tocontinual risk of electrical shock and is regularly subjected to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.