Leggett & Platt, Incorporated is the leading innovator in the sleep industry, with more than a century of experience helping people sleep better and more bedding technology patents than anyone else in the world. Our Adjustable Bed division in Carthage, Missouri is seeking an Electronics Sourcing Engineer to join its growing team. This position will be responsible for the strategic sourcing of electronics systems required to meet current and future product plans. This position can be based in either Carthage, MO or Kansas City, MO.
- Maintain electronics supply base relationships and strategic sourcing agreements
- Assess potential suppliers and identify strategic partners to deliver required components
- Act as technical interface between suppliers and internal groups (i.e. R&D, production, sales)
- Drive cost reduction efforts via agreements, value engineering, and identifying alternatives
- Understand and communicate engineering specifications required to meet product needs
- Participate in project teams delivering new components as required
- BS Electrical Engineering and 5 years of relevant experience in components selection
- Strong ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and work well with peers and management
- Demonstrated experience in many of the listed responsibilities
- Communicate and interact effectively with customers and suppliers
- Able to travel up to 30% domestically and internationally
- Contacts and experience with electronic components marketplace and manufacturers
- Knowledge of current and future consumer electronics trends and technologies
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical departments
- Demonstrates understanding of manufacturing systems and relationship with component designs
- Self-motivated, organized, attention to detail
We offer a comprehensive benefits package. While benefits may vary by location, we typically include: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and stock plans, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts and more.
Since 1883, Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG) has been creating a wide variety of innovative products that can be found in most homes, offices, and automobiles. Today our growing company consists of more than 20,000 employee-partners in 130 manufacturing facilities located in 23 countries. We’re not just hiring, we’re building a better company.