EBAD’s continued growth requires an accomplished engineer for the position of Electronics Principal Engineer, reporting to the Site Technical Director. The position is located in Simsbury, CT.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior electrical leader to become a part of a growing aerospace and defense company. You will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing technical leadership in our missile market segment. We are looking for someone that understands and has worked in the development of missiles and missile components. Specifically, we would like someone who understands missile flight termination system design and its applications.
The Electronics Principal Engineer will be responsible for leading teams through the resolution of technical issues, supporting electronics proposal development, and supporting the development of new electronics products
- Provides technical leadership to multiple project teams and provides approval to gates in the development process
- Leverages experience and expertise to mentor, train, and develop individual and overall team capabilities in electronics design, test and production methodologies.
- Leads resolution of technical problems in area of expertise
- Develops best practices for electronics design, test and manufacturing
- Drives engineering success by ensuring use of consistent, rigorous engineering processes, tools, methods, standards and techniques.
- Support business development and sales efforts, and customer interface activities.
- BS/MS in an electrical, computer engineering or physics.
- Minimum of 15 years of project, design or related electronics engineering experience. Experience with Flight Termination System (FTS) applications and qualification preferred. Experience with missile ordnance, fuzing and electronics desired.
- Required experience should include leadership of multi-function technical teams, product development, problem solving/root cause analysis and data analysis/critical thinking.
- Candidates required to interpret and analyze electrical, and/or electrical specifications and data.
- Working knowledge of Altium Designer desired.
- Experience with LabVIEW and simulation tools (LTspice, Matlab) is also desired.
- Knowledge of explosive material ordnance devices and/or missile/launch vehicle systems, system reliability, physics fundamentals as well as experience with manufacturing processes and rapid prototyping is beneficial.
- Must have or be able to obtain a U.S Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance and be capable of working on U.S. DoD and ITAR restricted products