Job Description: Millennium Engineering is seeking an Electronics Packaging Design Engineer to support JPL's Electronic Packaging Engineering Group, which provides engineering design of the electronic system and subsystem for JPL's spacecrafts and instruments.
- Provide support in the electronic packaging drawings for Electronics assembly.
- Design and analyze the structural and thermal electronic system or subsystem of a spacecraft or instrument.
- Release the design drawings through Teamcenter.
- Interface with machine shop for delivery of mechanical hardware and with quality assurance to develop solutions to resolve discrepancies with hardware fabrication.
- Interface with different subject matter experts to resolve both design and manufacturing issues.
- Assist a team to resolve complex packaging and cable harness problems from design through delivery.
- Advanced knowledge in computer aided engineering (CAD) using tools such as Unigraphics NX, Solidworks, Autocad.
- Broad knowledge in mechanical analysis tools, such as ANSYS, NASTRAN and Solidworks.
- Familiar with geometric dimensioning and tolerances, ANSI Y14.5.
- Extensive understanding and wide application of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in mechanicaldesign.
- Ability to solve packaging engineering mechanicaldesign problems, perform trade studies, develop design requirements, perform piece part design and coordinate fabrication, assembly, and qualification of hardware.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in mechanical systems including structures, configuration, electronic packaging, structural analysis and integration and test.
- Extensive experience interfacing with various suppliers and services including printed wiring board and mechanical fabrication, electronic assembly and quality assurance.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline with a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Masters degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 4 year of related experience; PhD with 2 years of related experience.