Job Posting Title
Electronics Manufacturing Engineer
The Electronics Manufacturing Engineerr is responsible for review of new product designs and engineering changes for manufacturability and serviceability, implementation of new product designs and changes into Manufacturing, creation and maintenance of Manufacturing bills of material, and generation and maintenance of standard work/test instructions for the Manufacturing group. The Manufacturing Engineer will also provide line support to the Production area. This position may develop test processes for new products and components and recommend and implement improvements to existing test processes.
What you'll do
Key Performance Competencies
- Attention to detail
- Project ownership
- Communication skills (oral and written)
- Continuous Improvement
- Decision making ability
- Interpersonal Skills
- Planning & Organization
- Problem solving ability
- Safe work habits
- Strong analytic skills
- Critical thinking
Essential duties and responsibilities include
- Evaluates new product designs and proposed Engineering changes for manufacturability, serviceability, and testability from the prototype level to pilot production to full production release.
- Leads and coordinates pilot production builds. Develops and maintains project timelines and communicates to affected departments.
- Provides training to Production employees on assembly processes for new products as well as engineering changes, as needed.
- Be a proactive member of VGT’s Tulsa management team, supporting organizational goals and objectives, operational projects, and strategic initiatives.
- Performs other tasks and supports other projects as assigned by the Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor.
- In conjunction with development groups and the Production and Quality teams, defines and implements production test methodology including sequences and phases of test operations.
- Develops and documents production test specifications and procedures for new and existing products, subject to established VGT standards including ISO and quality systems.
- Designs, specifies and/or coordinates development and fabrication of new and/or improved test equipment and fixtures.
- Investigates and analyzes test failures from production and from the field to develop test process and/or product improvements to improve test coverage, reduce rework and reduce machine down time.
- Estimates production costs for testing new products as well as cost impact of engineering changes to current production test processes to provide data to management for cost-related decisions.
- Supports Production with troubleshooting of functional failures and failure analysis, debugging of test equipment.
- Drives development of step-by-step troubleshooting guides.
- Participates and contributes to quality improvement initiatives to improve test yields and/or expand test coverage.
- Drives testing and data collection to establish and validate end-of-life decisions on refurbished components.
- Generates periodic reports focusing on analysis of test failures, effectiveness of test processes, and cost/performance improvements as requested, along with recommendations for improvements.
- Works with key suppliers and sub-contractors to develop test requirements for purchased components and assemblies, where applicable.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to peers and engineering staff as well as direct labor personnel in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to organize work efficiently and establish priorities.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Self-starter with ability to “think outside the box”.
- Must have demonstrated ability to lead projects and work with cross-functional teams, and building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships.
- Must have a good understanding of direct and indirect cost systems, and be able to develop cost justifications for proposed changes to products and processes.
- Training and/or experience with any of the following is highly desirable: DFT, Process FMEA, DFMA, Value Engineering, SPC, process capability studies, Lean Manufacturing, ISO9000.
- Experience with lean manufacturing and 5S concepts is preferred.
- Knowledge of the casino gaming industry is preferred.
- Familiarity with good ESD practices is preferred.
- Must have sound knowledge of electronics theory, development of test processes and troubleshooting techniques.
- Must have a solid electronics background and a good understanding of standard manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Experience with hardware, software, and firmware integration is highly preferred.
- Experience with server hardware and functionality is preferred.
Education, Training and Experience
- A BS degree in a Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering or in a related technical field, or demonstrated equivalent experience, is required.
- Minimum of two years’ engineering experience is required (5 years’ experience is preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment is required, (preferably in the electronics manufacturing industry).
- Project management experience, and demonstrated ability to lead projects and work with cross-functional teams is strongly preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with Dynamics GP, especially BOM creation and maintenance, is a plus.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Solidworks or other CAD/CAM applications is a plus.
What we're looking for
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to be able to occasionally lift and move 40 pounds short distances with or without mechanical aid and frequently lift and/or move 10 pounds.
Work area is typically inside a non-smoking, climate controlled manufacturing and production environment, but employees may at times have to work outside for short periods and be exposed to adverse weather conditions. Noise levels can range from quiet to loud. Parts from returned machines being processed by Production employees are frequently covered with dust and smoke residue, employees in this position may be exposed to these items.
World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
Robust benefits package
Global career opportunities
Our core values: Respect, Courage, Integrity and Passion
Our Winning Ways
- Unite - Come together as one team, with one vision
- Develop - Empower, inspire and grow our people
- Deliver - Execute with excellence, be accountable for results
- Play - Be creative, celebrate success
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Tulsa, OK, US