Electronics Hardware (IC Component Development) Manager
If you have a solid Hardware Engineering / Electronics Hardware background and are looking for an exciting career opportunity in Southeast Michigan where you can utilize your skills and experience in a meaningful way, this may be the ideal job for you!
This Electronics Hardware / IC Component Development Manager role is focused on managing suppliers (not people) and we are looking for a Senior level candidate with excellent people skills and good automotive industry experience.
The person hired for this position will play a vital role in the selection and development of the components used in the products made by the organization. The hiring company is a leader in Advanced Vehicle Safety Systems and is a growing company offering significant future opportunities to break into new technologies. In this role, you will manage and choose IC suppliers in support of ASIC development for next generation products. You will be the key decision maker in insuring components meet the standards and requirements necessary for next generation product development. Eventually, you will have the opportunity to grow and manage your own team.
- ---Selection and development of the components used in the products.
- ---Work with Purchasing and Quality organizations for successful product development.
- ---Manage cross-functional teams including Component Program Managers, Component Technical Leaders and Component Engineers.
- ---Act as s single point of contact regarding the component development.
- ---Collaborate with other groups and teams to support product strategies related to components.
- ---Keep the application teams and management updated about timing status, developmental issues, and risk assessments.
- ---Assist Application Teams in the implementation of the component into ELE products
- ---Interface with customers for component reviews, issues, etc... and with application teams to ensure component specifications meet OEM and internal system requirements.
- ---Generate Component Technical Requirement Specification and support Component Quote activities and selection process
- ---Review SREA change package and provide support to change teams globally.
- ---Document the process and make it available for application teams and company management.
- ---Improve the development process by working with other CDM?s, Component Organization Management, Purchasing and Quality teams.
- ---Bachelors degree in ElectricalEngineering is required, Master's degree preferred.
- ---7+ years of experience in a similar environment.
- ---Experience in Automotive Electronics Product Design such as electronic circuits.
- ---Knowledge of ASSP Automotive IC development is required.
- ---Experience with analog and digitalcircuit design for automotive application.
- ---Knowledge of circuit analysis tools such as Mathcad and PSpice is preferred.
- ---Knowledge of Quality Management Systems, Circuit Development Process, FMEA, and FTA
- ---Ability to work with cross functional / multi functional teams in the organization.
- ---Skilled in Creating and implementing timing plans for component development
- ---Familiarity with semiconductor development, Functional Safety such as ISO-26262 and automotive quality / reliability requirements and standards such as AEC-Q100.
- ---Excellent communication skills and people skills.
Work Authorization Requirements: US citizens, Green Card / Permanent Residents, or H1B transfers ONLY. NO OPT will be considered.