Are you an electronics engineer who enjoys hands-on work? Do you want to get involved with every facet of electronics design? Then this position is for you. Genie is a global leader in the production of aerial work platforms, scissor lifts, telescoping and articulating booms, trailer-mounted booms and light towers. Genie is looking for a well-rounded, hands-on electronics hardware engineer to join our Control Systems Engineering team.
- Control system design, integration and testing for off-road construction equipment.
- Specification, design, production launch and sustaining of Electronic Control Units (ECUs).
- Electronic Circuit Designs, Schematic Capture, and PCB Layout for ECUs and related accessories.
- Embedded software design in C.
- Modeling electronics in 3D CAD.
- Plan and monitor progress against program objectives, document designs, liaison with suppliers and other disciplines.
- Participate in team environment to design and sustain electronic control systems for construction machinery.
- Travel may be occasionally required (less than 5%).
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 2+ years of electronics design experience
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics or Computer Engineering
- Strong technical background in embedded electronics, with emphasis on microcontrollers.
- Background in analog and digital electronics, including amplifiers, switching power supplies, etc.
- Knowledge of communication buses: CAN, J1939, SPI, I2C, Parallel Memory Interface, etc.
- Proficient with Schematic Capture and PCB Layout Software. Altium Designer is preferred.
- Knowledge of C for embedded software development. FreeRTOS is appreciated.
- Familiar with 3D CAD programs. Solidworks and PDM Vault preferred.
- Familiar with software development and processes, including version control (svn, git, etc)
- Skilled in electrical component/system design and analysis.
- Experienced user of electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, spectrum analyzers and JTAG debuggers.
- Experienced with electronic lab stations and fine soldering work.
- Knowledge of PCB fabrication and assembly processes.
- Knowledge of machine operator inputs, sensors, control modules, electronic/electrical components.
- PC experience, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated team player qualities.
- Strong orientation towards quality, safety and continuous improvement.
- Commitment to Lean Manufacturing.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of typical Engineering Change Order (ECO) procedures.