Essential Job Functions:
- Designs, implements and maintains highly complex electronic equipment, components and circuits for new and existing products. Determines design approach and parameters to move product/system to manufacture or implementation.
- Develops and defines quality standards of the end result in accordance with company and contractual requirements. Follows through to ensure quality standards are met.
- Develops qualification test procedures and carries out qualification testing. Conducts testing and integration testing for functionality and limits. Examines and evaluates new electronic components and circuits. Reports findings.
- Creates complex prototypes for beta testing and for customer demonstration to ensure feasibility of product.
- Acts as a liaison between vendors and company. Reviews vendor capability to support product development. Collaborates on product specifications and component selection.
- Researches new technology or development tools to incorporate and/or introduce modifications and/or advances to current systems, products and methods.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in electronics engineering or related field preferred
- Six or more years of experience in electronic design
- Experience working with electrical theories, design principles and practices and design evaluation techniques
- Experience working with the company's electronic design procedures
- Experience working with personal computers and related software applications
- Experience working with test lab equipment
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, no equivalency will be granted
- Must currently possess at a minimum an Interim security clearance and be able to obtain/maintain an active/valid US security clearance.
- Strong time management skills
- Strong communication skills for presentation of findings to customers and management
- Strong interpersonal skills for interaction with customers and other department personnel
- Strong leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to listen and comprehend the needs of the customer with relation to the project
- Ability and desire to research new technology and methodologies in the electronics field
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Office environment
- Must be able to travel to various locations.