We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products’ are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Linked In and many others.
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
We continue to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have exciting opportunities for an Electronics Engineer to join its Corporate Quality organization at our headquarters in Rockleigh NJ. This position is part of our failure analysis laboratory team, and will provide root cause fault analysis of feature dense commercial grade electronic devices, with the goal of uncovering design, part and manufacturing flaws in order to drive substantial quality improvement. The team’s primary focus is on finding the underlying cause of product failure trends that cause significant numbers of customer returns and field performance issues.
This role will draw heavily on expertise in digital and analogcircuitry. With access to schematics, part documentation, and a wide variety of laboratory tools, the candidate should be very comfortable analyzing a circuit so as to diagnose the often subtle causes of product failure. The successful candidate will have proficiency in a wide range of troubleshooting tools, equipment and techniques.
The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of experience in an electrical engineering capacity within an electronics / technology organization, and a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering. He or she will possess an extreme passion for solving complex technical problems, as this role is focused on Crestron’s most pressing and urgent product quality issues.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing in-depth technical analysis on electronics products to determine why they fail in the field
- Preparing detailed and thorough technical reports that explain the root cause of a product failure trend and provide supporting factual data (QAR Reports)
- Interfacing with internal and external engineering teams to discuss product issues and solutions
- Performing tests and simulations in order to induce faults and uncover potential causes
- Providing technical and engineering guidance to other members of the Quality Assurance team
- Being a point of escalation for difficult to solve or highly urgent technical issues affecting quality
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in an Electrical Engineering role involving deep circuit analysis and debugging
- Expertise with a wide variety of electronic troubleshooting tools, equipment and techniques is required
- Strong technical report writing and outstanding written communication is required
- Computer proficiency, including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) is required
- PCB assembly knowledge and knowledge of electro-mechanical assembly is a plus
- Knowledge of a programming language and basic programming concepts preferred but not required
- Limited travel may be required up to 10%