Our client, a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to their customers. Well-respected, with a global presence, our client consistently offers a powerful and robust portfolio of products, services and solutions that help customers successfully execute their missions in today’s dynamic environment. With unsurpassed engineering, using an open systems approach, our client solves the nation’s most complex challenges while foreseeing future needs.
Electronics Commodity Specialist
(US Citizenship Required*)
Scottsdale, AZ; or Taunton, MA
Join our Electronic Components and Assembly Commodity team. You will lead commodity spend analysis and help put in place agreements with distribution to better align spend and drive out cost, manage electronics component forecasts, and work to help identify alternative electronic component needs as may arise due to shortage or obsolescence.
- Develop and implement supply chain strategies in highly complex programs that enable the programs to win new business and meet/exceed the business goals
- Lead data analysis of electronics commodity spend and help develop strategies for the business to align spend more efficiently with the goal of lowering cost and achieving on time delivery
- Identify alternative components to mitigate supply risk and report them back to engineering and program teams for approval
- Act as the primary interface to the supplier in fact-finding, audits, and formal supplier contract/subcontract negotiations
- Establish master service agreements, service level and quality agreements
- Establish requirements and monitoring measures for suppliers to achieve process and quality standards and commitments
- Lead in managing supply chain content on a program and monitor the supplier performance
- Deploy strategies based on knowledge of market and industry
- Recommend cost saving proposals or alternative sources
- Develop and solicit RFI and RFPs
- Lead category and supply chain management activities
- Perform advanced sourcing/market research
- Lead special projects
- Involved in development and implementation of departmental programs, policies and procedures
- Build productive internal/external working relationships
- Conduct site visits with suppliers to evaluate their abilities and performance metrics, and negotiate agreements
- Decision have a serious impact on the overall success or failure on area of accountability
- Develop new supply sources where suppliers are no longer competitive
- Required – successfully pass a credit check.
- Extensive knowledge of Electronics Component markets
- Able to evaluate alternative components on a parametric basis and provide that information back to the program team for review
- Able to read technical drawings and schematics
- Strong knowledge of component distribution practices
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Is able to draft highly complex contractual instruments
- Extensive knowledge of business principles and Intellectual Property issues
- Solid judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Advanced decision-making skills; solid program/project/contract management skills
- Extensive Coaching/Mentoring and leadership skills
- Extensive business and industry knowledge
- Strong presentation skills
- Extensive analytical, written and communication skills
- Experience with Silicon Expert or other Component Management tools.
*US Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's in a related field or equivalent experience is required and 15+ years’ relevant experience; or Master's and 13+ years’ relevant experience
Conditions of Employment:
Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.
About Our Company:
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is dedicated to providing our clients with a high standard of quality products and services. For two decades, our reputation has been built on this dedication and the long-term relationships developed with some of the most prestigious companies in the aerospace and defense industries. These business relationships give you the opportunity to not only find a job but to find one you can value and enjoy. We will be dedicated to you and to making your career a success.
Accepted applicants will have the opportunity to be eligible for benefits, including medical and supplemental insurance and a 401K. Appreciation and gratitude for employees is a hallmark of organizations with low turnover.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Join a team that values your experience!