Job Summary The Electronic Technician Lead oversees a team and provides depot and field level field engineering and maintenance support to assigned systems and communications equipment, and training and technical advice to technical personnel assigned to perform electronic maintenance. Principal Accountabilities(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Applies advanced technical knowledge to fault isolation, scheduling and maintaining complex communications and electronics systems in accordance with customer standards.
- Performs critical quality and safety assurance reviews of all equipment integration practices to assure conformance with the US National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Manages and develops engineering input to the preparation of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), and technical design packages.
- Develops integration plans and performs hardware integrations, and manages documentation schematics and modifications.
- Prepares site integration and test reports.
- Configures computer software, communications devices, and peripheral equipment to operate within designated networks.
- Designs and plans for and executes network hardware installation, testing, and validation.
- Trains customer personnel at the installation site in proper use of highly specialized electronic equipment.
- Prepares and maintains equipment and configuration documentation, and performs physical configuration audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Expert level capability to fault isolate, repair and test complex level problems.
- Expert level knowledge of alternating current / direct current (AC/DC) power, grounding and electronic equipment heating/cooling requirements.
- Expert level experience in quality assurance practices. Familiar with Built in Test Equipment (BITE) and Automated Test Equipment (ATE).
- Expert knowledge of audio distribution systems, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) principles with application to the integration and operation of mission and support systems.
- Detailed knowledge of satellite communications systems and telecommunications equipment to include satellite modems and down-converters.
- Command of fluent English, including the ability to read, write, and comprehend technical documentation, schematics, and diagrams written under the ANSI standards.
- Must be able to read and interpret electronic system level drawings
- Able to perform all duties to ensure timely, courteous and quality support to customer or customer affiliates.
Experience & Education
- Associate’s degree in electronics or equivalent military or advanced technical training.
- Minimum eight (8) years of technical experience in the support of complex electronic communications equipment.
- Eight years highly specialized experience in radio frequency (RF) and electronic systems to include but not limited to antennas, preamplifiers, cables, receivers, demodulators, converters, servos, digital components, interfaces, printers, recorders, computers, analog and digital displays, fiber optics and Input / Output (I/O) devices and test equipment.
- Three (3) years advanced specialized experience in analysis and integration of computer based systems, analysis and integration of local area networks, specialized interconnect cable design and fabrication, and analysis of communications systems. Proven ability to work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Experience with electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and the functional application of Electromagnetic Interference/Radio Interference (EMI/RFI) analysis and mitigation programs.
- Understanding of computers, software and peripherals used in electronic communications systems.
- Expert level knowledge of the installation and maintenance of audio systems.
- Expert level knowledge of installation techniques, including red/black requirements.
- Expert level knowledge of electrical wiring and grounding and the installation of fiber optic cable.
- Understanding of interconnectivity, protocol bus standards, cryptographic equipment operations and TEMPEST criteria.
- Understanding of EMC principles.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Able to maneuver in small spaces and lift up to 50lbs.